Post-Secondary Student Support Program
Chapleau Cree First Nation has assumed responsibility for this program which is funded by Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AADNC). Our program guidelines follow the national guidelines set by AADNC.
Objective: to improve the employ ability of Chapleau Cree First Nations people by providing eligible students with access to education and skill development opportunities at the post-secondary level.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- be Registered Indians of Chapleau Cree First Nation
- be a resident in Canada for 12 consecutive months prior to the date of application for funding
- be accepted by an eligible post-secondary institution into either a degree, diploma or certificate program, or a University Entrance and Preparation Program (UCEP)
- maintain continued satisfactory academic standing within that institution (continuing students).
Application: submit a Post-Secondary Education Funding Application
Application deadlines: June 1st for September enrollment and October 1st for January enrollment
Applications submitted by the deadline dates will be prioritized according to the Chapleau Cree First Nation student priority categories.
Applications received after the deadline dates will be held until it can be determined if funds are available after processing the first batch of applications.
- available for students who have qualified for the Post-Secondary Program who are
- 1. enrolled in full-time studies
- 2. achieve a “B” grade in their program of studies
- University Scholarship of $1,000.00
- College Scholarship of $800.00
- scholarships may be divided among the qualifying students
To access the scholarships:
- complete the application
- provide an official transcript
- deadline: June 30th of the current year
See the PDF’s at the Bottom of this Article
- Chapleau Cree First Nation Post-Secondary Funding Program Handbook
- Chapleau Cree First Nation Post-Secondary Education Funding Application
- Chapleau Cree First Nation Bursary Application Form
H.C. Peatson Travel Fund
- provides funds for proposed school field trips and/or student exchanges
- available to all full time Native students in Ontario enrolled in elementary, secondary and post-secondary schools
- Applications are reviewed the end of September and the end of January
See the PDF of H.C. Peatson Travel Fund at the Bottom of this Article